Integrated Cancer Care
Panorama Centre For Surgical Oncology
We recommend that all patients complete the pre-admission or bed booking process.
This can be done in person at the hospital, or you can follow one of the following links to do the pre-admission online:
Panorama Advanced Health Day Hospital
Please contact your medical aid to obtain a pre-authorisation for surgery. They will
ask you for the following information:
– Date of surgery
– Doctor’s practice number: 0659835 (Dr Gildenhuys) / 0096083 (Dr Myburgh)
– Hospital’s practice number:
○ Panorama Medi Clinic: 5807913
○ Panorama Advanced Health Day Hospital: 0615005
– ICD10 code
– Procedure codes
Once you have obtained the authorisation, please email the number to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr Gildenhuys) / email@example.com (Dr Myburgh)
- Occasionally a letter of motivation to the medical aid is required to assist with a successful approval for surgery. This will be provided and will be emailed to the medical aid directly, but it is important to follow up this request telephonically.
- After your consultation with Dr Gildenhuys / Dr Myburgh, you will be provided with a quotation which will be discussed with you in detail before you sign acceptance thereof. Procedures are charged based on the SAMA billing manual. Fees are based on a Discovery Classic rate of 200% – 220% of the basic medical aid rates. A direct payment agreement exists with Discovery’s Classic plans.
All procedure codes will be indicated on the quotation, but
please bear in mind that codes could change intra-operatively,
depending on surgical requirements.
The only codes that are not stipulated on the quote, are the hospital consultation codes (0173 and 0145). These codes are, however, automatically included in your authorisation.
- Remember to bring with you to hospital:
– Your ID as well as the main member’s ID.
– Your medical aid card
– Your chronic medication
- During the Covid 19 pandemic, you will be required to undergo a Covid test before
admission. The turnaround time varies between areas but can take anywhere from
24 to 96 hours or sometimes even longer. Therefore we ask that patients arrange to
take the test at least 48 hours before surgery. We cannot confirm that your medical aid will
cover the cost of this test which costs approximately R850.00.
Feel free to contact us with any questions,
Panorama Centre for Surgical Oncology